Saturday, August 8, 2009

Running Out of Time



Howdy everyone. It has been quite sometime since my last blog and I have a great excu....er...I mean reason of course. I'd never give you an excuse, only reasons around here.

What is the number one 'reason' why people don't run or exercise?


"I have no time" "I'm too busy"

Personally I think everyone can find time or make time to go out and run a little bit or do some form of physical activity. There are the occasional exceptions though and I think the last two weeks I expierienced that exception.

I'm busy. Very busy. Too busy. I work a full time job driving a bobtail truck Monday to Friday and get off at 4. Then I mozy on over to the golden arches to jockey the registers there while flippin the fries until midnight or sometimes 1 in the morning. Repeat. Oh yea, I then attempt to wake up at 5 to run around my neighborhood half asleep, which is how I go through most of my days. My lunch hour is not taken up by eating, it's a nap time for me. Sound busy? I'm not done yet. I'm also currently pursuing my bachelor's degree in marketing. So I can start a marketing company to market fitness and running, this blog is really just an attempt to plant the seed in you to eventually buy products that I'll be selling sometime. Just kidding. Pretty busy huh? Oh wait, how could I forget, I'm also raising a mini human being commonly known as a toddler. Yes sir! That kid has so much freakin energy that we should really figure out a way to harness childrens' energy to solve our energy crisis. Imagine what we'd accomplish. Hey! There's a thought!

What if we could solve the energy crisis AND the obesity crisis at the same time? I say we connect a whole lot of treadmills and make everyone run for a certain amount of time to generate the electricity! Pounds would shed and the electric bill would be considerely lower. In the word of that thick Irish beer commercial; BRILLIANT!

Anywho, as I was saying. I literally ran out of minutes the last two weeks with both jobs and searching for another job so I can work one good paying job instead of two cruddy paying jobs. Plus to make matters more fun for me, my computer poops out on my and gets a virus. Don't trust facebook! Right now my computer is in the computer hospital and is undergoing surgery. I am using a loaner as of this moment.

Last blog I mentioned smoothies and what I like to do. Well, that's going to be postponed due to all this computer mayhem. I will get that done though as soon as my computer recovers and my kitchen is clean again.

Due to all this lacking of time I really had to adjust my couch to 5K program to fit. Basically I didn't run that week since I needed to get as much sleep as I possibly could. I figured my duties would be too difficult to do if I was constantly falling asleep and unable to focus. My job performance worsen and I couldn't keep up. I learned a very valuable lesson this week, probably an obvious one. 65 hours of work in one week with averaging only 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night is too much for me. Too much for a lot of people.

I've been able to get back into the groove of my running program and I'm still doing good. Tomorrow morning I plan on running for 27 minutes, walk for one, and then run out the last 2 minutes. My first 5K is still coming up on the 22nd and I am very excited about it. Plus I feel confident that I can do it. Two months ago I would have laughed at the idea of running 3.1 miles. I didn't even want to drive that! Now I can run it and feel good afterwards....and by good I mean completely exhausted and on the verge of passing out.

Thanks for keeping up with me and more posts shall be coming. Sorry that it took a while to get this one up and sorry if this particular post comes out rough. I will have the next post a little more thought out and organized. I'll see you all next time and keep on pushing.




A little thanks goes to my buddy Harvey for sending me a 'musical' CD to help me running. Harvey it sounds awesome and I love it. I'll put it on my iPod soon and see what it feels like to have a drill sargeant yell/sing to me as I run, I'm sure my pace will improve dramatically.

Thanks for the great conversation to my sister Stephanie. We talked for probably 2 and a half hours about everything and anything. It was truly a highlight in my day. My prayers still go out to Penny and her family and I hope you find your motivation for getting out there.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't run in two weeks :(. But I went to the gym twice last week, so that makes up for some of it! Glad to hear you liked the CD. Not glad to hear you're not using it yet >:|

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed our conversation that day too, Danny. And the one a few days ago. Listening to you talk about your running and hearing your advice is very inspiring, as is reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete